This policy outlines:
• What information we collect about you and why
• How we use your personal information, with personal information being that which may uniquely identify an individual.
• How we protect your personal information
• What rights you have in relation to the personal information that we hold about you
‘Rebecca Findlay Artist’ or ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ is the business name.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data from you, when you visit our website, provide your details to us via an opt in form, subscribe to a newsletter or request for some information to be sent to you:
• Name and address
• Contact details such as email addresses or telephone numbers
• IP Address of the computer or certain information about your device.
When you visit the website, we also collect data about how you interact with the website, and, if you go on to make a purchase, information necessary to process your purchases.
See the list below for more information about what Personal Information we collect and why:
- Device information such as version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site. This enables us to load the website accurately for you and to perform analytics on website usage to optimize the website and in order to provide a better user experience
- Some information is collected automatically at the source when you visit our website. This information is collected using cookies, pixels, log files, web beacons or tags.
- Sometimes we may need to disclose information for business reasons, e.g. such as you making a purchase, and in these cases we may share information with our payment processor, Stripe and also Sage. Some examples of this information include your name, billing and shipping addresses, if these are different, payment information, such as credit card numbers email address, and phone number. We need these details in order to provide you with products or services that you have requested in order to satisfy our contract, to process payment information and arrange postage/ shipping, and in order to communicate with you, provide you with invoices, order confirmations, and check our orders for potential fraud/risk. Additionally, and in accordance to the preferences you have shared with us we may provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- When you supply you name and/or email address via opt in form you are agreeing to be provided with the information that you have requested as part of the subscription process. This includes any updates from us which we feel may be of interest to you in the form of a newsletter. You can Unsubscribe from this subscription at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Sometimes your data may be shared with other companies to help us analyse and better understand our customers and their requirements. We will only share your personal information with trusted partners that we require to fulfil our obligations to you. At the time of writing this policy, the trusted partner that is used is FloDesk which is used to record appropriate personal information to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. At the time of writing this policy, those trusted partners are Facebook and Instagram Business and Google Analytics. A Facebook pixel is installed on this website to help track your movements so that we may better customize your use and experience of the website, to allow personalized advertising and to allow data to be analyzed by the Website owner and/ or any authorized individuals.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To keep your personal data secure, your information is only accessible to our staff who are authorised to use it, only if necessary (to fulfill the above obligations to you) and only within our approved locations. All authorized persons are required to abide by privacy, confidentiality and security agreements rules and laws. Information that you share on this website is kept strictly confidential and fully secure using SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encryption as it passes between your browser and this website. If your data is transmitted to any of our trusted partners, appropriate security measures are in place to ensure this isn’t intercepted. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect any personal information submitted to us during the transmission and once we receive it.
Please note that no method of transmission via the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and whilst we endeavour to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information we are unable to guarantee its total security.
LOCATION OF YOUR DATA
The recipients of any personal data submitted on the website will be staff members of ‘Rebecca Findlay Artist’ and data is retained in the UK. There may be operational requirements to transfer your data outside of the UK, and this may occur as a result of the 3rd parties that we use, however, if we do this the same degree of protection is given to your personal data as if it was stored and used within the UK and regulated in line with its laws.
RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR DATA
Your data will be retained for as long as necessary in line with the legal reasons for utilising this data.
Data, which we deem to have a legitimate interest, will be retained for one year from the last date that we last contacted unless you ask us to stop processing your data. This will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure we deem that our legitimate interest is still appropriate.
In relation to the data that we hold about you, you may have the following rights:
• Right to be informed – you have the right to ask to see what data we hold about you.
• Right to access – to your personal data. If you wish to obtain a copy of the information, we hold about you please contact the relevant individual (contact details below) in writing with the subject ‘Subject Access Request’. Generally, the information will be provided within one month, however, please be aware that this may take as longer since we will have to evidence your identity prior to releasing any personal information for your own security.
• Right to rectification – if you believe the information we hold about you to be incorrect or incomplete you have the right to ensure this is rectified and to make amendments. For further information please contact the individual stated below. This rectification should typically be complete within one month.
• Right to erasure – also known as the right to be forgotten. In specific circumstances you will have the right to have your personal data erased or to prevent processing. We can refuse your request for erasure if we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your data.
• Right to object – you can ask us to stop contacting you by writing, calling or emailing us at email@example.com
Further information can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org