Terms & Conditions
Contract of Custom Artwork
• A non refundable deposit of 50% of the total sale is payable upfront. Upon paying the deposit, I will send you an e-mail which will contain details relating to what I need from you in order to fulfill your order. The remainder is to be paid when you have seen the final image (this will be sent to you via a highly detailed photograph or scan). Upon receipt of payment, your work will be delivered to the address supplied.
• No sitting is required for portrait commissions- just supply a good, clear photograph (e.g. not blurry/ parts not cut off/ not too dark or light and a good level of detail- but it does not have to be a professional photo!). If you are struggling to choose a good image then I will be happy to view a selection to help you choose.
• I work with a range of materials and we can discuss which are best suited to your requirements. The custom portraits are usually completed using professional quality Derwent pencils or professional quality acrylic paint and high quality 300 gsm paper. These are then sprayed with a fixing spray to protect them (please note that some smudging may still occur if the pieces are handled, but the fixing spray will help to limit any smudging). I will also supply you with a list of recommendations that will help to keep your artwork looking good for as long as possible.
• The sizes and options given for the custom artworks help to keep things simple for you when ordering your artwork! If you require anything different to what is offered in the custom artwork drop down selections, then please message me directly and I will see if I can accommodate. For example, you may require a larger size artwork (please remember that the A4 size artworks will appear much larger when they are framed on your wall). The price will differ depending upon your request.
• When doing your artwork, please let me know if you would like a border around the work (this is a gap around the work), sometimes left for framing purposes. Otherwise, I usually work to the edges of the paper, which means that a very small portion of your work may not be visible when framing. Please note this is only usually an issue if I am including a background with the work. I will usually feature your pet centrally on the paper.
• The work will be supplied unframed, unless you have specified that you would like a mount and backing supplied.
• Completion date can vary depending upon current workload but in general, this will be 3-4 weeks plus delivery time. Please bear in mind that if you require your artwork to arrive in time for a certain date, for example, if it is a Birthday gift, please let me know when ordering and make sure that you order in plenty of time, so that you receive the work in time for the occasion.
• I will keep you notified of artwork progress via the e-mail that you supply (or if you would like to communicate via another platform, such as Facebook Messenger, I should be able to accommodate). If, in the rare event, you are not happy with the development of your custom artwork then please let me know as soon as possible, since changes may be possible in the early stages. However, there are some changes that are difficult or impossible to make without a complete restart of the artwork (e.g. change of colours, position of subject/s) if the artwork is too far progressed. For this reason, I do advise letting me know when you are purchasing your artwork if you have any special requests, in order to avoid any disappointment. Also, have a look through my previous custom artworks, which gives you a good idea of my style and will help you to decide if I’m the right artist for you.
• Once you have seen the final image via e-mail or messenger and are happy with your work, I take this as acceptance that you are ready to receive it and I will package the work and post it out to you via recorded delivery. If for the rare reason, you are unhappy with your artwork when you receive it, please speak to me first and I will endeavour to rectify the problem. If you are still not happy, then you must return the product via recorded delivery. For further details about this process please refer to the Refunds and Returns Policy.
• Please note that your custom artwork is not an exact copy of the photograph that you supply (there are other services online that provide this!), but an artful rendition of your subject so there will be evidence of artistry e.g. marks made by pencil or if you have requested watercolour pencil, then wash marks, some indentation etc. These are part of the artwork and are what will give your artwork character and value, making each piece a one off original.
• Usually upon completion of work I will add the work to my website and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook business page and Instagram) so that others can view but if you do not wish the work to be shared then please let me know. Sometimes the custom artwork is a gift for somebody, in which case, sharing the artwork would spoil the surprise. If you are happy for me to share the artwork online after it has been gifted then again, please let me know.
• Please note that although the artwork belongs to you, copyright of the artwork remains with the artist and must not be reproduced or resold for commercial purposes or resold without the artist’s written permission.
- Commissions may be turned down by me, the artist, if I feel it is not appropriate for me to carry out a specific commission, or if, in the unlikely event, I cannot create the expectation of the commission.
Please note that any images supplied to the artist for reproduction purposes are the responsibility of the customer to check that the image does not infringe upon copyright law and that the customer accepts all liability for images supplied.
General Information relating to all Original Artwork and Prints.
• All original artworks will show evidence of artistry e.g. marks made by pencil, paint brushwork, drips, wash marks etc. dependant upon which artwork you have chosen. Please note that these are part of the artwork and are what will give your artwork character and value, making each piece a one off original.
• Prints are made on demand so there will be a wait time whilst your order is being created.
• A Certificate of Authenticity will be supplied with all artworks and prints sold. If your print is a limited edition print then you will also receive a Certificate of Authenticity which will tell you details of your print (e.g. if it is one of fifty).
• Larger artwork will require a higher delivery charge. This will be discussed when you express an interest in purchase. I use an external company to package and deliver larger artworks, so that you receive them in perfect condition.
• If for the rare reason, you are unhappy with your artwork or print when you receive it, please speak to me first and I will endeavour to rectify the problem. Please refer to the Refunds and Return Policy for further information. I do advise that you make sure that you read the descriptions provided with each artwork to make sure that it is right for your needs. For example, with larger artworks, please check measurements to make sure that it fits in the space that you want to hang it. Any questions that you have about my artwork, please get in touch with me. That way, when you receive your artwork you will avoid any unnecessary disappointment.
• Please note that although the artwork belongs to you, copyright of the artwork remains with the artist and must not be reproduced for commercial purposes or resold without the artist’s written permission.
We may update this Terms and Conditions from time to time in order to reflect any changes made to our working processes, product offerings or for operational or legal reasons. It is suggested that you revisit ALL our Policies regularly in order to have access to the most current information so that you may make an informed choice about the use of our website.